GPO’s Library Services & Content Management contributes to and supports four statutory programs:
- The Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- The Cataloging & Indexing Program (C&I)
- The International Exchange Service (IES)
- The By-Law Program
Notable numbers provides a snapshot of the work done to support these programs.
- There are 1,117 libraries in the FDLP.
- In FDLP eXchange, there are 117 libraries offering in 26 regions.
- Since the inception of ‘GPO on the Go’ in January 2015, GPO staff have visited 635 depository libraries in 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- There are 43 libraries serving as Preservation Stewards.
- There is 1 library serving as a Digital Preservation Steward.
- There are 2 libraries serving as Cataloging and Metadata Contributors.
- There are 16 libraries serving as Digital Access Partners
- There are 5 libraries serving as Digital Content Contributors.
- FDLP LibGuides has had more than 48,859 views to the 133 guides offered.
- The FDLP Academy has hosted 530 webinars, with more than 68,000 combined registrants.
- FDLP conferences and events have hosted 7,188 virtual registrants since 2013.
- GPO has increased the size of the FDLP Web Archive collection to 29.1 TB, with over 270,000,000 URLs crawled.
FY 2020 Statistics (October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020)
- 205 Federal depository libraries, or 18% of all depositories, participated in the Cataloging Record Distribution Program.
- Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government saw 254,603 user sessions (643,769 page views).
- FDLP.gov saw 195,632 user sessions (307,285 page views).
- There have been 23,326,449 successful searches of the Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (CGP).
LSCM staff have:
- Distributed 2,688 titles.
- Distributed 490,781 copies of materials to FDLP libraries.
- Added 20,830 new cataloging records to the CGP, of which 16,652 (79.9%) contained PURLs to full-text publications.
- Checked in 13,232 serial issues to the CGP and created 728 publication patterns for serial titles.
- Identified 4,673 previously-uncataloged Serial & Integrated Resource (IR) titles and created new bibliographic records.
- Responded to 12,522 askGPO inquiries.
Program for Cooperative Cataloging Statistics:
- Authority records: 1,421 authority records created & updated.
- NACO: 1,392 name authority records created & updated.
- SACO: 29 subject authority records created & updated.
- BIBCO: 11,436 records created.
- Newly authenticated CONSER records: 2,741.
- Changed CONSER records: 583.