Webinar: Strategic Disposition to Support the National Collection
Register to attend the live training webinar, "Strategic Disposition to Support the National Collection."
Thursday, August 26, 2021
Recording and closed captioning are available. All webinars are free of charge.
- Abby McDermott, Collection Management Librarian, U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO)
- Jaime Hays, Outreach Librarian, GPO
- Learning outcomes: Please join us for an overview of the processes Library Services and Content Management staff have developed to implement Superintendent of Documents Depository Guidance Document (SOD-DGD-1-2021), “Federal Depository Libraries Relinquishing Their Designation: Strategic Disposition of Depository Materials in Support of the National Collection.” In issuing this guidance, the Superintendent of Documents seeks to build and preserve the shared collection that is composed of those FDLP materials in all depository libraries.
After viewing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Explain how SOD-DGD-1-2021 builds on regional discard procedures to provide an auditable record of the disposition of Federal Government publications when a library leaves the FDLP.
- Enable their library’s FDLP eXchange account to offer their discards nationally.
- Explain the new process for relinquishing FDLP status to their institutional administration.
Registration confirmation information:
Upon registering, a confirmation email from [email protected] will be sent with instructions for joining the webinar. To ensure delivery of that email, configure your junk mail or spam filter(s) to permit messages from that address. GPO staff will also email your access information the day before the webinar. If you do not receive your login information, please email [email protected].
Prior to the webinar:
For those participating via a desktop or laptop computer (preferred method), a WebEx plug-in must be installed (one-time only). Download instructions. Some features will not be available for users participating with a tablet or smartphone. Devices need to have a WebEx app installed from the device’s app store, which may take time. After installation, the app will ask for you to Allow or Deny permissions.