Webinar: We the People’s Collection — The National Collection of U.S. Government Public Information
Register to attend the live training webinar, "We the People’s Collection — The National Collection of U.S. Government Public Information."
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Recording and closed captioning are available. All webinars are free of charge.
- Cynthia Etkin, Sr. Program Planning Specialist (Librarian), U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO)
- David Walls, Preservation Librarian, GPO
- Learning outcomes: Please join us for an overview of the National Collection of U.S. Government Public Information: what it is, what it is not, and how the coordinated maintenance, preservation, and promotion of the National Collection serves America’s general public and people anywhere looking for reliable U.S. Government information to meet their needs.
After viewing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Define the National Collection of U.S. Government Public Information.
- Determine various components of the collection.
- Explain the National Collection roles of depository libraries and Library Services and Content Management, and their relationship.
- Identify depository collection and preservation services offered to depository libraries by LSCM.
- Understand the risks to permanent access for the National Collection and why preservation services are needed.
Registration confirmation information:
Upon registering, a confirmation email from [email protected] will be sent with instructions for joining the webinar. To ensure delivery of that email, configure your junk mail or spam filter(s) to permit messages from that address. GPO staff will also email your access information the day before the webinar. If you do not receive your login information, please email [email protected].
Prior to the webinar:
For those participating via a desktop or laptop computer (preferred method), a WebEx plug-in must be installed (one-time only). Download instructions. Some features will not be available for users participating with a tablet or smartphone. Devices need to have a WebEx app installed from the device’s app store, which may take time. After installation, the app will ask for you to Allow or Deny permissions.